Our mission from the start has been clear - to provide a more sustainable and inclusive future for our friends in the outdoor industry.
With the addition of a rental program, we can offer an alternative to gear ownership and a new take on outdoor recreation.
Whether you're looking to invest in an experience, or curious about the craftsmanship of leading outdoor brands, rentals can be a unique approach to the great outdoors.
Because when it comes to the backcountry, it's all about the gear that gets you there.
How It Works:
- Pick Your Adventure: know your dates and make a plan for your trip. Whether you're craving the solitude of the back country or the charm of a camp ground, it's key to plan ahead.
- Browse our many rental Curated and Build Your Adventure Packages.
- Select the rental package or a la carte gear that suits your adventure, select the dates of your trip, and complete your transaction.
- Let the trip count down begin!
- How can I reserve my gear?
- How do I pay for my gear and what does it cost?
- All major credit cards are accepted, and you will be charged in full at the time the reservation is placed. Cost is dependent on item/package and length of rental.
- How can I get my gear?
- We ship to anywhere in the lower 48 states via FedEx. Free delivery to your residence of lodging within Bend Oregon city limits. Or free pick-up at our Bend Eastside Warehouse.
- When will rental gear arrive?
- All orders ship out within 1 business day. Rates are for a standard shipping time of 3-5 business days. Shipping rates are calculated per order. We ship to anywhere in the lower 48 states via FedEx.
- How do I return my gear?
- A return shipping label will be included with all shipped rentals.
- How is my gear cleaned?
- It is up to you, the renter, to clean off any visible dirt or stains. We at TNX will sanitize and clean according to CDC guidelines.
- Do I need to clean my rental gear before returning it?
- You are responsible for returning the gear clean. TNX has the sole-discretion to determine whether the gear is clean. If the gear is returned with excessive dirt, grime, or unclean in anyway, TNX may charge you a cleaning fee of no more than $150.00. You consent to allowing TNX to automatically charge the credit card on file. If such payment does not go through, you must pay the cleaning fee within five days from receiving notice from TNX
- What if I need to cancel my rental and is there is a fee?
- Email TNX at email@example.com to cancel.
- Free cancelations up to 7 days from your trip start date. If cancelled within 7 days of your trip start date, you will be charged in full.
- Can I extend my rental period and how will I be charged?
- Just contact TNX directly to extend your rental, if available. Then we will charge your credit card on file for the difference.
- Can I return early, and will I get a refund?
- You can return early, but no refund will be given.
- How far in advance should and can I place my rental order?
- You can make your rental reservation up to 6 months in advance.
- What rental packages and items can I rent?
- You can rent complete packages or build your own. Visit trunortwest.com/collections/rent for all your rental options
- What if my gear is damaged, lost or stolen while I’m using it and will I be charged?
- You are fully responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged gear. If TNX determines that the gear has been damaged, you are responsible for paying the reasonable cost of repair but no lesser than $50.00. If the gear is lost, stolen, or damaged beyond repair, you are responsible for the full cost to replace the gear plus a restocking fee of $100.00.
- Why rent with TNX?
- At TNX we rent top-quality outdoor gear through an easy to use online platform. We offer competitive prices, top-quality gear and can ship just about anywhere in the lower 48. We also strongly believe in and practice outdoor sustainability and inclusion to all through affordable rentals and long lasting equipment.
- What is the TNX Exchange rental agreement
16. What if I want to purchase the gear I am renting?
- If you love the gear you are renting and would like to purchase, please contact us prior to the rental period end-date to inquire about availability and pricing. If agreed, we will invoice you for the difference. Any gear not purchased or returned in a timely manner will be charged the full price of replacement plus a $100 restocking fee.
What About COVID-19?
Great question! Our first and foremost priority is safety - as avid outdoorsmen and women, safety is always at the forefront of our minds - it comes with the territory.
Our team is committed to a number of covid procedures that will not waiver or alter with time. With daily sanitizing, mask mandates, limited warehouse staffing, heightened cleaning and laundering procedures, the Tru Team is determined to keeping our community safe, and out on the trails.
However - we ask that adventurers and solitude seekers recreate responsibly among our local and national parks:
Things to Consider When Planning a Trip:
1. Know before you go - It's important more so now than ever to do your due-diligence and research before traveling to public lands, parks, and rural communities.
2. Social Distance- Be respectful on the trails & provide space. Don't forget your mask and sanitizers!
3. Prepare for closures, and limited services. Parks and public lands may require reservations or limit features and trails to trip goers.
4. Consider an adventure close to home.
5. As always, leave no trace! With limited service and staffing, our national parks and public lands will suffer the consequences of misuse and abuse.